Wednesday, March 10, 2010

dangling your tootsies off the edge of nowhere....

tuesday night at activate group, we watched anita renfroe's purse-onality comedy. OMIGOODNESS SAKES ALIVE!!! it was LAUGHIN' HILARIOUS!!! i laughed. the 'throw your head back' kind of laugh! i clapped. i knee slapped. i tapped my feet reeeeal fast. and.....i cried. yes, there was 'crying-laughing' while watching this dvd.....but this was the kind of cry that hit home. anita sang a song called 'right to rest' and the lyrics that i quickly scribbled down, cause i knew they were for me were these:

**it's ok to dangle your feet off the edge of nowhere...every once in awhile**

i have been 'running' and not dangling. :)

in quiet yesterday morning, our beth moore living free study had us look at 2 Chronicles 20:1-30. and i smiled. :) I LOOOOOVE THIS STORY! God so lovingly gave me His view on dangling.

in this story, king jehoshaphat is going into battle. as they set out to face this problem, God has king jehoshaphat SING and PRAISE HIM instead of fighting the battle!

NOW THAT'S *DANGLING*!!!!! :)

singing and praising Him no matter what is going on around me! :)

so yesterday i wanted to continue to see what His picture of dangling looked like for me.....

swinging my kids

getting on the swing next to them!

taking a moment from work and letting HIS sun warm my face and feeling HIS warm breeze across my cheeks like a kiss

a warm drink and a quiet bookstore not so far off

kiddos are all sleeping and i'm just enjoying the quiet

porch, tea and friends

granny and grandpa's rockers on the front porch with family

panera, a caramel latte and a date w God

two friends and two cups of coffee

silliness in fun songs

silliness in fun hats

really listening to the words He's speaking to me through a song

BELTING AND SINGING OUT THAT SONG!!! :)

cuddlin with my kids and a bedtime story

comfy couch, cozy blanket and my babe

2 Chronicles 20:30 - and the kingdom of jehoshaphat was at PEACE, for his God had given him REST on every side.

is life running around you? is there a storm going on around you? is there dark around you? God says 'SING TO ME :)' so pause. stop. and take time to dangle with Him.

what does your dangle look like? what makes your shoulders relax?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dre...needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ways i "dangle"...
    *my Babe and my little miss
    *knowing God loves me no matter what
    *painting pottery
    *belting out in song in the car as if I have a really good voice
    *chocolate...duh
    *thoughts of what heaven will be like and wondering how soon before I get there
    *finding fun things on the clearance rack
    *sipping coffee...especially with friends
    *re-reading special notes and cards from special people
    *sidewalk chalk on a beautiful not-too-hot day
    *sitting in His creation especially in the fall and spring
    *listening to and singing My Savior My God and STILL shedding tears when I sing it after 4 years of knowing that song!
    *reading a dear one's blog at 2:24 in the morning ;-)

    ReplyDelete