Monday, March 8, 2010

chewing humble gum :)

i LOOOOOOVE when God uses FUN stuff to speak to me! He has such a great sense of humor! i love that about Him! i read my carley a naptime story today.....Larry Boy and the Golden Gumballs. as soon as i started reading it, i felt like God was reading the story to me...saying 'listen carefully, andrea'. and so i did......and you know what that DAG GUM story is about?!?!?!? PRIDE!!!! aaarrrrggghhhh!! with a smile on my face, while i'm growling :) cause that means that pride girl (aka andrea) is rearing her ugly head again!

yesterday before church i was praying 'Lord i feel so far from you lately....please show me what is blocking me from You!'. the answer came today! PRIDE is my roadblock!

SO STOP ME IN MY TRACKS LORD!! i see pride with flashing red WARNING lights and a sign saying 'DO NOT APPROACH!'

....if you are proud, you will fall. proverbs 16:18

and let me just tell ya...i DO NOT want to go back to that dark pit. am i thankful for that sifting time in my life? ABSOLUTELY! my love for Him has grown to the 'HEAD OVER HEELS' kind because of it!!! it was 'in that time' and 'since that time' that i have been able to understand Him more.

i do not want to forget the memory of that time and all that He taught me 'in it' and 'since then'. soooo, this morning the following verse came up for the SECOND time in the past couple weeks so i decided to pay attention :)

only let us LIVE UP TO what we have ALREADY attained. philippians 3:16

He has ALREADY taught me so much from that sifting time and on. i want to LIVE differently because of it.

Lord, please let me LIVE UP TO each day what you have ALREADY taught me and showed me. i want to chew humble gum! :)


1 comment:

  1. well aren't you on a roll?!? so proud of you. good stuff.

    ReplyDelete