Friday, September 10, 2010

football friday night

Ok...so I know this next blog was supposed to be about my gals activate group but I have had it on my heart lately to blog prayer for my Harding boys. To pray for the team, our staff, our community and most of all....my honey, the head coach.

precious Lord, our Guide, our Ultimate Coach...I thank you for this day and I praise you for being in my life. I thank you for this opportunity of football you have given our family. Lord, I want to be selfish at this very moment and pray for a win. O how that would seem to relieve some of the pressure. BUT I know and praise you that you have an ultimate plan that is for our good. Lord I pray that in our minds and hearts that we would not be defined by our losses...those are past...done. but Lord that we will be defined by our integrity, our character, our hard work, our 'never give up' attitude, our 'no excuses' attitude. Lord that our team, our staff, our community may be defined by these things rather than by our wins and losses. We cannot change yesterday and we should not worry about tomorrow (Matt. 6:34). But TONIGHT...tonight we have the opportunity to represent who we are. and i pray we grasp this opportunity and represent the team, staff and community that you want us to be....no matter the outcome of tonight. Lord I pray for unity, among our staff, among our boys and among our community. I pray the boys will flow together as one tonight. Build them up today in godly confidence. Encourage them Lord. Give them ears to listen to their coaches. Allow the coaches to speak inspiration into their very being. May the seniors and leaders of this team rally the team together tonight! I pray for our coaches...renew their strength and pump them full of energy. Allow what is on their tongues to be worthy of you. May their words spur on the boys to action. Actions that unite, actions that glorify you. Give the coaches creativity, wisdom and quick well planned thoughts. May the boys execute the coaches plans...each and every play. And last Lord, you know I can't help myself...but please give a good ol heaping of grace to the refs, that they would want to extend that same grace to my boys tonight....heehee. thank you...and i love you.

and last...I cannot believe I just found out about this song! but I gotta end today's football prayer with Kenny Chesney's The Boys of Fall. I especially loved the coach's speech before the song even starts. TONIGHT!

See next post for song (sorry I'm new to this blogging thing ;)

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That coach sure must feel blessed to have such an awesome prayer warrior on his side...and as his wife. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :):):) makes me smile and my heart skips a beat to hear those things...thanks kimberly!

    ReplyDelete