Tuesday, August 31, 2010

MOPS-Mothers of Preschoolers

Ok...so here's the 4.1.1 on MOPS.

MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. It is a group of mommas who still have kiddos at home. Kiddos, babies, rugrats, offspring, little darlings...whatever your name for them is, as long as they are PRE school-age (which includes kindergarten)...you are more than welcome to come hang with us mommas! We get together twice a month...usually the 1st and 3rd Friday of the month at 9:30 am-11:30 am.

I enjoy MOPS so much because it is my escape from responsibilities at my house for just a short while. I walk in (technically I RUN in, dragging my kids behind me because I am usually late...surprise, surprise!)...anyways...I walk in and am greeted by so many friendly, wonderful people as I go to drop off my little ones to their classes. People that are willing to care for my kiddos while I rest, relax, regroup.

As the last of my little darlings is dropped off to their class...I feel like dancing to mine!! My shoulders relax as I approach the room where the mommas get together. I hear momma chatter, smell delicious food and a big OL smile goes across my face! There is a spread of food that sure beats that piece of buttered toast I grabbed while getting one kiddo off to school and the rest of us ready for MOPS.

A yummy breakfast and a HOT cup of coffee. Yes, HOT. If you have kids, you KNOW this is a delicacy. AND I get to finish the whole cup!

This is just the beginning.

There is a group of mommas, called the steering team. And this group of mommas deserve an APPLAUSE! This team serves us MOPS. They plan games, crafts, speakers and so much more. These gals are mommas with their own PRE school-age babies and kiddos making sure we all can relax, share, rest, and regroup together.

So when 11:30am is here...we end our time together as MOPS mommas. And this time as I head to pick up my kiddos...I feel refreshed and ready to be a better mommy.

More details on MOPS:

For a MOPS near you visit their website www.mops.org

MOPS in Marion is held at Cornerstone Church
1st MOPS is September 17th at 9:30am
October MOPS are Oct. 1st and 22nd
NEW!! MOPS at night! Kickoff is Tuesday, October 12th
website www.marioncornerstonemops.org

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE MOPS! Love, love, love, love, love it! I went for four years...three of those on steering team...and I cannot say enough good things about it! Talk about sweet balm for a weary soul! :) So hope you have a great time going this year.

    Sorry! I guess I should have started by saying "hello" and thanking you for the comment at my blog. :) So, HELLO! And thank you for your funny and super sweet comment. So nice to meet you!

    Blessings,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. heehee :) hello! nice to meet you too. i was so excited to see i had a comment, it was like seeing a present under the christmas tree and...it had my name on it!

    ReplyDelete