Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa Terkeurst

Less than 3 weeks!!!

Less than 3 weeks and our gals activate group is starting! I am soooo excited!!!

First, I should probably explain what an activate group is before I tell ya what we will be studying and that I want ya to join! So. An activate group is a group of people (in my case...us group of gals) that has up to 20 people in the group. We get together to hang out, form friendships and ride this crazy, amazing roller coaster ride of getting to know Jesus.

Getting to know WHO He is. Getting to know His heart. Forming a FRIENDSHIP with Him. Forming a relationship with Him.

And from getting to know those things...to be able to reflect Him properly...day in and day out, no matter what circumstances come our way.

This is my heart. This is what I wanted to do as our next study. I want to be a woman of character. I want to be able to reflect Him properly...in a way that my actions speak louder than my words...my character speaks louder than my words...in difficult circumstances to react in love, grace, mercy, compassion, understanding. I wanted a study that would go along with what I was learning (again) this summer... character

Do I read His Word and DO what it says? Do I live differently because of what I read? Do I live out grace, forgiveness, love? Do I live out relationships NOT religion? O so much good stuff He has been lavishing on me! But O how I have completely went SQUIRREL from letting you know about activate group!!! :)

So! I would love other gals to join me in this adventure. I would love and dream if this could be a COMMUNITY group. A community of women making a difference. Making a difference with our character. our serving. our love. HIS LOVE.

This group is not only for Celebration gals to join, but all gals in Marion and surrounding areas that would love to be a part of this roller coaster ride of making a difference for HIM!

Our first get together will be Tuesday, October 5th, 6:30pm - 8pm. We will be meeting at Celebration Christian Church for our 1st get together. Then...I'm toying around with the idea of having every other group at this cool hangout place in Charleston Place in downtown Marion! It will be a total experiment! But isn't that how He works?!? It will be spontaneous...we will just have to see how that or IF that works. I feel like He tells me often...'Just enjoy the ride, andrea'. Honestly though...some parts of the ride I want to barf and get off, but that is YET another SQUIRREL!

ANYWHO! back to deets:

Age: 18 years old to 108+...and sorry guys, just for the gals!

Childcare Available? : A BIG OL' YES!

Cost of participants guide: $10 (note: I have the actual book, but I am not going to make the book a requirement. We will be watching the dvd series and doing the participants guide along with the dvd's.)

When: we will meet each Tuesday starting Oct. 5th and ending Dec. 21st. 6:30pm - 8pm

TO SIGN UP: either comment here, on my facebook page or sign up on Celebration's website (which has a lot of other great activate groups for everyone, not just gals)

And here's a little clip about what we are going to be getting into. It will get you stirred up with excitement and ready to go! Let's enjoy the ride, girls!



No comments:

Post a Comment