Monday, May 3, 2010

don't settle.

Sanctus Real sings a song called 'Whatever You're Doing'. The past few weeks, God has been tugging at my heart when this song comes up. The lyrics that resonate the most are:

You're up to something thats bigger than me.

He whispered again yesterday.....'don't settle.'

What this means to me is this....'don't settle for YOUR plans, andrea'

By NOT spending time in prayer and in His Word DAILY....I'm saying 'I would rather do what I have planned today' I'm settling for less.

BUT, on the other GLORIOUS hand, when I am in prayer and in His Word EACH DAY....I'm saying 'I'm ready for whatever YOU want to do today, Lord! I don't want to settle for what I think might be a good plan...I can't even fathom all the GOOD You got going on!'

Do you have time with Him each day? I have been reading a Psalm a day. They are short and sweet....O so sweet.

Lord, I surrender to whatever You want to do today and tomorrow and the next day and the next day and....... :)

1 comment: