Friday, November 4, 2011

one thousand gifts

i was totally pumped to get this book in the mail this past saturday!

i have been reading ann voskamp's blog ( http://www.aholyexperience.com/ ) regularly for the past few weeks. on mondays, she has a running list of one thousand gifts that never end. things she is thankful for. reading her lists made me want to start my own. so i did.

i started a journal of His gifts that never end. doing this regularly, my eyes are opened, my heart is warm and i can't keep up with the overwhelming amount of things i am thankful for.

the change that it has made in me is refreshing. it was the answer to this tired momma's prayer of 'i want to love being a mommy'. it was the attitude change that i needed in circumstances that were beyond messy.

so im going to end with some yummys from my thankful ongoing list...one thousand gifts that never end...

#1 a sink full of dishes. this means a home full of love and full bellies.

#2 a messy, lived in, beautiful home.

#3 3 boxes of food my neighbor just gave me. overwhelmed. she will be getting scones. god pours it in.

#4 carved pumpkins with flickering candles and happy kiddos beside them

#5 a crackling fire

#6 sound of heaths car coming up the driveway

#7 the words....i am sorry. i love u.

#8 the heart tattoo my babe drew on my hand. he knows me well. i love him over and over.

#9 walking to school

#10 baking in kitchens with friends. so good for our souls.

#11 surprises!

#12 simple thinking. thank you lindsy.

#13 warm sun, rustling leaves, light warm breeze on a fall afternoon.

#14 lunch dates with my 2 year old little man.

#15 kissing warm, sleeping faces to wake them up. yummy.

#16 my kids forgive so freely and easily.

#17 words. life breathing words. real words. challenging words.

#18 pizza & wine with new friends on a football friday nite.

#19 hamburger inn with our hinton 5.

#20 being home. just being home.

#21 heath being thankful. for as long as i can remember, each day his question to our babies is, 'what are you thankful for today?'. he started this trend way before i caught on. he lives a life of gratitude and guides our children in the same.

#22 right now. this moment.

#23 grace that doesn't make sense.

#24 knowing at naptime what we are having for dinner.

#25 having ALL the ingredients already in our cupboards for said dinner.

#26 that we choose what we get to eat for dinner not WHETHER or not we eat dinner.

#27 my heath. my lover. my best friend. my jesus with skin on. he forgives easily. and loves deeply.

#28 second chances. to snuggle and to play with my kiddos when i was "too busy" the first time around.

#29 warm sun that i can feel. really feel. on a chilli fall day.

#30 a crowded counter of 3 little cookie baking helpers.

#31 time to play before school starts. my girls laughing and swinging together. i want to put that moment in my pocket and keep it forever.

#32 aviator sunglasses. yes. momma looks good.

#33 friends to share coffee and desserts with.

#34 storytime at home.

#35 new library books

#36 peace. in chaos and in calm.

happy friday friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment